How to Transform Your Smile with Thin Shells of Porcelain or Resin
Veneers are a type of cosmetic dentistry service that can change the shape, size, colour, and alignment of your teeth, creating a natural and beautiful smile. Veneers are thin shells of porcelain or resin bonded to the front surface of your teeth. They can correct various aesthetic issues, such as:
• Discoloured or stained teeth
• Chipped or cracked teeth
• Crooked or misaligned teeth
• Gaps or spaces between teeth
• Uneven or irregular teeth
At O’Connor Dental Surgery, we offer high-quality veneers that are custom-made to suit your needs and preferences. We use the latest technology and materials to provide you with the best and most comfortable dental care possible. We also work with you to create a personalised treatment plan that meets your goals and expectations.
The process of getting veneers usually involves two or more visits to our dental clinic. During the first visit, we will:
• Examine your teeth and gums and take x-rays to assess your oral health and suitability for the treatment
• Discuss your treatment options and explain the benefits and risks of the veneers
• Prepare your teeth by removing some enamel and shaping them to fit the veneers
• Take an impression of your teeth and send it to a dental laboratory where your veneers will be custom-made
• Place temporary veneers over your prepared teeth to protect them until the permanent ones are ready
During the second visit, we will:
• Remove the temporary veneers and check the fit and colour of the permanent ones
• Adjust the veneers if needed and cement them to your teeth
• Give you instructions on how to care for your veneers and maintain your oral hygiene
Veneers can last for several years with proper care and maintenance. You should:
• Brush and floss your teeth regularly, using a non-abrasive toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush
• Avoid biting hard or sticky foods, such as ice, nuts, or candy, that may chip or break your veneers
• Avoid staining foods and drinks, such as coffee, tea, wine, or berries, that may discolour your veneers
• Visit us regularly for check-ups and cleanings, where we will monitor the condition of your veneers and your oral health
Veneers are a great way to enhance your smile and confidence by addressing the aesthetic issues that bother you. They can also improve your oral health and well-being by preventing or treating dental problems that may affect your quality of life.
At O’Connor Dental Surgery, we are committed to providing you with the best veneers possible. We use the latest technology and techniques to ensure your comfort and satisfaction. We also work with you to create a personalised treatment plan that meets your goals and expectations.
If you want to learn more about veneers and how they can benefit you, please contact us or book an appointment online. We are happy to answer your questions and provide you with the dental care that you deserve.