Restorative dentistry involves repairing or replacing damaged or missing teeth. Restorative dentistry aims to restore your teeth and mouth’s function, appearance, and health.
Some of the common reasons why you may need restorative dentistry are:
• Tooth decay, which can cause cavities, pain, and infection
• Gum disease, which can cause bleeding, inflammation, and tooth loss
• Tooth injury, which can cause cracks, chips, or fractures
• Tooth wear, which can cause sensitivity, erosion, or discolouration
• Tooth loss, which can cause gaps, shifting, or bite problems
Some of the common types of restorative dentistry treatments are:
• Fillings, which are used to fill the holes or gaps caused by tooth decay or damage
• Crowns, which are used to cover and protect the entire tooth surface
• Bridges, which are used to replace one or more missing teeth by attaching artificial teeth to the adjacent natural teeth
• Implants, which are used to replace one or more missing teeth by inserting metal posts into the jawbone and attaching artificial teeth on top
• Dentures, which are used to replace all or some of the missing teeth by wearing removable or fixed artificial teeth
• Root canal therapy, which is used to treat an infected or inflamed tooth nerve by removing the pulp and sealing the tooth
• Gum surgery, which is used to treat gum disease by removing the infected or damaged tissue and reshaping the gums
Restorative dentistry can help you improve your oral health and quality of life by:
- Relieving pain and discomfort caused by dental problems
• Preventing further damage or infection to your teeth and gums
• Improving your chewing, speaking, and smiling abilities
• Enhancing your smile and confidence by restoring the shape, size, and colour of your teeth
At O’Connor Dental Surgery, we offer a wide range of restorative dentistry services to suit your needs and preferences. We use the latest technology and materials to provide you with the best and most comfortable dental care possible. We also work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that meets your goals and expectations.
If you want to learn more about restorative dentistry and how it can benefit you, please contact us or book an appointment online. We are happy to answer your questions and provide you with the dental care that you deserve.