Dentures are artificial teeth that replace natural teeth when missing or damaged. Dentures can help you eat, speak, and smile better. They can also improve your appearance and self-esteem.
At O’Connor Dental Surgery, we offer different types of dentures to suit your needs and preferences. We use high-quality materials and techniques to make your dentures comfortable and natural-looking. We also provide you with personalized care and advice on how to use and maintain your dentures.
There are two main types of dentures: complete and partial.
Complete dentures replace all your teeth in your upper or lower jaw or both. They rest on your gums and are held in place by suction or adhesive. You can remove them for cleaning or sleeping.
Partial dentures replace some of your teeth and are attached to your remaining natural teeth with metal clasps or implants. They fill the gaps left by missing teeth and prevent your natural teeth from shifting. You can also remove them for cleaning or sleeping.
The process of getting dentures usually takes several appointments and involves the following steps:
• We will examine your mouth and take impressions and measurements of your teeth and gums.
• We will send your impressions to a dental laboratory, where your dentures will be custom-made.
• We will fit your dentures and make any adjustments to ensure they fit properly and comfortably.
• We will teach you how to insert, remove, and care for your dentures.
• We will follow up with you to check your dentures and make any changes if needed.
Dentures can last for many years with proper care and maintenance. You should:
- Clean your dentures daily with a soft brush and a denture cleaner. Do not use toothpaste, as it can scratch your dentures.
• Rinse your dentures after eating and before putting them back in your mouth.
• Soak your dentures overnight in water or a denture solution to keep them moist and prevent them from warping.
• Handle your dentures carefully and avoid dropping them or bending them.
• Visit us regularly for check-ups and cleanings. We will also check the condition of your dentures and your oral health.
Dentures are a great way to restore your smile and your oral function. By visiting us regularly and following our instructions, you can enjoy the benefits of your dentures for a long time.
If you want to learn more about dentures and how they can help you, please contact us or book an appointment online. We are happy to answer your questions and provide you with the best dental care possible.