Crowns and Bridges
Crowns and bridges are types of dental restorations that can help you repair or replace damaged or missing teeth. At O’Connor Dental Surgery, we offer high-quality crowns and bridges that can improve your oral health and appearance.
What are crowns and bridges?
A crown is a cap covering a damaged tooth’s entire surface. It can strengthen the tooth, restore its shape and size, and improve its look. A crown can also be attached to a dental implant to replace a missing tooth.
A bridge is a device that replaces one or more missing teeth. It consists of artificial teeth that are attached to crowns or implants on either side of the gap. A bridge can fill the space left by missing teeth, prevent the remaining teeth from shifting, and restore your bite and smile.
Crowns and bridges can be made of different materials, such as porcelain, ceramic, metal, or resin. We will help you choose the best material for your needs based on the location and function of your teeth, your aesthetic preferences, and your budget.
How are crowns and bridges made?
The process of getting a crown or a bridge usually takes two visits to our dental clinic.
During the first visit, we will:
• Examine your teeth and gums and take x-rays to assess your oral health and suitability for the treatment
• Prepare your teeth by removing some enamel and shaping them to fit the crown or bridge
• Take an impression of your teeth and send it to a dental laboratory where your crown or bridge will be custom-made
• Place a temporary crown or bridge over your prepared teeth to protect them until the permanent one is ready
During the second visit, we will:
• Remove the temporary crown or bridge and check the fit and colour of the permanent one
• Adjust the crown or bridge if needed and cement it to your teeth or implants
• Give you instructions on how to care for your new crown or bridge and maintain your oral hygiene
How can crowns and bridges benefit you?
Crowns and bridges can benefit you in many ways, such as:
- Relieving pain and discomfort caused by damaged or missing teeth
• Preventing further damage or infection to your teeth and gums
• Improving your chewing, speaking, and smiling abilities
• Enhancing your smile and confidence by restoring the shape, size, and colour of your teeth
• Saving you money by avoiding the need for more complex and expensive dental treatments in the future
At O’Connor Dental Surgery, we are committed to providing you with the best crowns and bridges possible. We use the latest technology and techniques to ensure your comfort and satisfaction. We also work with you to create a personalised treatment plan that meets your goals and expectations.
If you want to learn more about crowns and bridges and how they can benefit you, please contact us or book an appointment online. We are happy to answer your questions and provide you with the dental care that you deserve.